I'm so excited to report I've finally found a healthy muffin recipe that actually works! If you like carrot cake, you will LOVE these muffins! They have no flour (gluten free) or processed sugar and taste delicious! Full of healthy fats, they make a great grab-n-go breakfast item or after-school snack and with the fruit carbs, they provide excellent post work-out nutrition. And the best news of all.....Gemma (our pickiest eater) has given them the "thumbs up"!
Ingredients:(I have included links to the brands I use)
2 cups almond flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. "Celtic Sea Salt" or "Real Salt"
1 T cinnamon
1 cup dates, pitted (this is what makes them darker in color)
3 ripe bananas
1 t. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
3/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
Muffin paper liners
1. In a small bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda,salt and cinnamon.
2. In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar and coconut oil.
3. Transfer to a large bowl.
4. Blend dry mixture into wet until thoroughly combined.
5. Fold in carrots and walnuts.
6. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.