Thursday, February 10, 2011

Breakfast-15 Minutes Pan to Plate

My 5th grader has band on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 7:30am so breakfast must be on the table earlier than usual. Normally I make smoothies on these days but today I opted for a super-quick, hot breakfast.

First, I grabbed some frozen sausage links (from Pawnee Pride) and threw them into a cast iron skillet with a little Blue Breeze Coconut Ghee. Then I started some oil heating in another skillet while I cracked 12 eggs into a bowl and mixed in about 3/4 cup of milk.  While the scrambled eggs and sausages were cooking, I threw about 10 pieces of shrimp into a steamer (that's just for Scott and I, the kids won't eat shrimp yet). After about 5 minutes, shrimp are done and ready for chopping!

Finally, threw the shrimp and cheese on top of the eggs and served with sausage. Fifteen minutes from pan to plate!  If you work outside the home, I realize you probably won't have time to clean up the kitchen before you leave but wouldn't you rather come home to a few dirty dishes and know your family got a healthy start to their day?

No comments:

Post a Comment